We are currently recruiting for the position of Head of Infrastructure Technology
As Skyports continues to identify and acquire sites suitable for passenger and cargo vertiports across diverse geographies, we are continuing to develop our product and technology portfolio to commence operational testing ahead of permanent commercial operations.
Skyports is looking for a Head of Infrastructure Technology who has the skillsets to build the technology blueprint and implement the architecture to drive airside and landside operations at our vertiports. You will be the company’s top technology leader in our Infrastructure business unit, playing an integral role in the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth.
In this role, you will determine the organization’s near- and long-term technology needs for Skyports to accomplish our goal of operating the industry’s most advanced and efficient vertiports, and also support projects with private and public partners as the technical lead. This includes the IT architecture systems that will provide the backbone of our operations and data analysis, as well as the hardware requirements to interface with eVTOL vehicles to enable smooth operations.
You will report to the Head of Vertiport Development, sitting in the Infrastructure development team, and work cross-functionally across the business to build and implement the tech strategy.
- Create and execute the Infrastructure business unit’s technology blueprint aligned with corporate objectives
- Identify the IP that we need to develop and what systems can be acquired “off the shelf”
- Focus mainly on the software framework to develop the end-to-end system definition and IT Infrastructure Management of the system required to run a vertiport
- Be comfortable around API interfaces in an aviation operational environment
- Know your way around hybrid cloud systems and processes
- Design and develop data analytics capabilities to drive continuous improvement of customer journey, resource management and operations
- Develop and oversee the hardware technology and CNS systems to run effective airside and landside vertiport operations
- Be comfortable designing the sensor, comms and radar architecture required to enable eVTOLs to operate from the vertiport
- Develop and maintain relationships with air vehicle OEM technical teams to understand their performance and technical requirements to ensure technology infrastructure can accommodate eVTOL operations
- Ensure that our technology infrastructure is designed to meet civil aviation requirements and standards bodies
- Ensure our technology infrastructure meets the highest grades of airside operational safety
- Own our technology procurement strategy
- Write technical white papers to support projects with public and private partners in global markets
- Be required to travel around the world
- Be an all-round team contributor. We are a small team and everyone contributes to everything at some point
You will bring many of the following skills:
- 10+ years’ experience leading technology teams, preferably in airline / airport environments
- Demonstrated leadership of technology development & deployment into major projects
- Strong background in IT infrastructure management, networking and security (including understanding of aviation software security best practices)
- Experience designing and building cloud systems
- Experience in software API development
- Experience in hardware systems, such as CNS technology, to enable aircraft and vertiport data transfer and comms
- Overall understanding of how to deliver software, hardware and cyber-physical systems, as well as how to integrate the technology stack
- Strong background in Engineering/Technology
- Knowledge of airport systems (structure and flow of information around airport operations) such as AODB, SCMC, A-CDM, FIDS, COMs and others is preferrable
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with cross-functional departments both internally and externally and communicate simply
- Ability to grow and manage a high-performing team
- Flexibility to travel, sometimes at short notice, to regions around the world
Your working style:
- Comfort navigating through ambiguity. This is a new industry and no one has all the answers.
- Self-starter who is comfortable proposing your own solutions/answers to big challenges
- Energy and curiosity to make things happen, seek out solutions and learn new skills
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible, friendly and engaging working environment
- Fantastic learning environment
- An exciting, fast-paced culture where we can truly make a large positive impact on the world of transportation
If you’d like to join us on the journey, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com along with your CV and tailored cover letter.